BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby's First Scare

Little baby is going to get a spanking as soon as we get him/her out. (S)he worried his/her mom to death. I'm sure this is going to happen many a time in life, so that's why I call it the "first scare".

Saturday at work I suddenly felt a gush only to discover bright red blood. Per nurse's orders, I went home right away and started bed rest with lots of liquids. It continued into the night, but got better by the next day. The doctor finally saw me Tuesday morning and everything looked great on the ultrasound. The bleeding was most likely caused by a blood clot, but it was really tough for him to see on the ultrasound. It must have caused a slight separation of the egg sac from the uterus. It's on the opposite side of where the umbilical cord is, so he said it should be just fine. I'm supposed to take it easy for a week. Baby is 16.6 mm and heartbeat is 167 bpm. My hormone levels came in looking fantastic as well.

Thank you to those of you who knew and were praying for us! God gave us peace and a miraculous outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive