BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

New Diagnosis

Today was my post-op with Dr. Amato. Since I didn't have any difficulty with the surgery, I expected a very brief, "nothing" kind of appointment. WRONG! It turns out, I have something she did not expect. It's called endometrial hyperplasia, which is a thickening of my uterus that has pre-cancerous irregular cells. They take it seriously, because left untreated, it can eventually become cancer of the uterus. It is also something that can contribute to infertility. To treat it, I have to start taking 12 progesterone pills per month for 3 months. At the end of this period, they will do a biopsy and make sure it's gone.

Here's a link with more info about this issue:
http://www.uterus1.com/edu_ctr/clinicaloverview.cfm/20

I'm sure most people would be appalled to have a diagnosis like this. However for me (and anyone who's ever been infertile), it feels really good to find out more about my body and why it's not doing what it's supposed to do. On the spiritual side, it also makes me grateful for this journey I've been on, because if I wouldn't have had the hysteroscopy, they never would have found this condition so soon and been able to catch it. Who knows, I may have had 3 kids by now, but died of cancer by age 40.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I love how you are able to see God's hand, and His blessings in your circumstance. Thank you for sharing and for reminding me to look for His fingerprints! Momma Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive